SouthEast Wisconsin Unitarian Universalist Congregations (SEWUUC) is part of the MidAmerica Region of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The Board of SEWUUC includes representatives from the nine UU congregations and fellowships in the southeast corner of the state.
Originally formed as a means to participate in the Interfaith Conference of Greater Milwaukee, SEWUUC now has a broader mission. The SEWUUC Board meets regularly to maintain relationships among the congregations and support ongoing activities.
SEWUUC seeks to:
- Promote values, purposes and principles of Unitarian Universalism.
- Serve as a liaison among the congregations and fellowships in the area it serves.
- Coordinate SEWUUC events with local congregations.
- Develop leadership skills that can be carried back to congregation .
- Share stories, information and communications that can strengthen our churches.
Through a united effort, SEWUUC is publicizing UUism in ways individual churches are not able to do. It has regularly purchased advertising on area public radio stations. This is big dollar coverage that helps every church attract new members.
Financial support from member congregations allows SEWUUC to sponsor participation in interfaith organizations and to offer scholarships to delegates to the district and general assembly meetings of the MidAmerica Region and UUA.